TACC Senegal: Vers un Développement Local Moins Emetteur de Gaz à Effet de Serre et Plus Résistant aux Changements Climatiques
Leading Organization:United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Implementing Agency and Partnering Organizations:UNDP, UNOPS, UNEP and Ministère de l’Economie et des Finances, Ministère de la Coopération Internationale, de l’Aménagement du Territoire, des Transports Aériens et des Infrastructures-MICATTI-(Direction de la Coopération Décentralisée).
The Down to Earth: Territorial Approach to Climate Change (TACC) is part of a partnership between the United Nations and sub-national governments for fostering climate friendly development at the sub-national level. This partnership is a collaborative effort involving UNDP, UNEP and eight associations of regions.
The TACC project will support the integration of climate change adaptation and mitigation measures into sustainable development planning and programming in developing countries by:
- Developing partnerships with UN and specialised agencies, national and sub-national governments, centres of excellence and regional technical institutions, and the private sector;
- Making available methodologies and tools for long-term climate change participatory planning to regions and cities and sharing best practices;
- Providing regions with information about climate change challenges and opportunities and technical and financial solutions;
- Providing technical support to up to 20 regions for the preparation of regional climate change plans, including identification of priority mitigation and adaptation measures; and
- Providing technical support to up to 20 regions to identify policy and financing instruments to implement priority climate change measures.
For more information read the TACC - 2011 Update:
The Down to Earth: Territorial Approach to Climate Change (TACC) project aims to assist regional and local governments in developing countries in:
- Developing integrated climate change strategies and action plans to assess development options that are robust enough to withstand different future climatic conditions.
- Strengthening capacity of sub‐national authorities to integrate climate change into sustainable development planning and programming.
- Identifying no regrets/negative costs/low‐cost adaptation and mitigation measures that promote long‐ term sustainability and poverty reduction.
- Enhancing the capacity of regional and local government to enact regulatory measures, as well as to take advantage of new sources of environmental finance, to implement these no regrets/negative cost/low‐cost options.
UNDP Regional Technical Advisor
- Mame Dagou Diop
- Climate Change Adaptation
- Email: Mame.email@example.com
Project Status:Under Implementation. Status as of June 2011: Establishment of partnership and coordination structures
Primary Beneficiaries:The beneficiaries of the Down to Earth TACC project are sub‐national authorities who seek technical assistance in understanding and responding to climate change0