Asia-Pacific Mountain Courier: Special Issue on ‘Youth and Climate Change’
The Asia-Pacific Mountain Courier's Special Issue on ‘Youth and Climate Change’, is prepared in the context of International Year of Youth (IYY) 2010-2011, CoP 16 to UNFCCC, International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development. The newsletter reflects ICIMOD’s special effort to reach youth groups and alumni through its Asia Pacific Mountain Network (APMN) project, and increasing interest in youth to take part in climate actions.
This issue features:
- TEN views from youth originating from the Asia Pacific region, as well as THREE others, each from Europe, Latin America & Caribbean and North America, which gives the readers a better view of youth engagement in climate change in different parts of the world and differences in level of understanding;
- FOUR youth platforms (ACTIS’s YES course, British Council’s ICC Programme, FAO-Mountain Partnership’s IPROMO and UNEP-TUNZA’s SAYEN), which are promoting youth and early career professionals to develop sustainability leadership in the context of climate change;
- An editorial note, showing ICIMOD’s strong interest to promote youth engagement in sustainable mountain development (SMD);
- A feature article, reviewing youth focused activities of ICIMOD, implemented through (or with significant involvement of) APMN;
- A brief view of International Year of Youth (2010-2011) and related links;
- A review of youth guide to action, which offers youth some good tools to use; and
- A list of future events where youth can take part in and make intervention
We hope this issue of the AP Mountain Courier truly reflects the ‘youth voice’ on climate action with mountain flavour, keeping Asia Pacific in the central position, whilst leaving some room for readers to compare youth climate change activities in the Asia Pacific with those in other parts of the world, particularly representative activities in Europe, Latin America & Caribbean and North America.
I take this opportunity to thank you all for your contribution, interest and generosity, which eased the process and this special issue comes out well ahead of the COP 16 meeting. Please download the soft copy from http://bit.ly/icimodyouth, or write to Mr. Shivahari Khatri at email@example.com to order printed copies with your complete postal address.