The World Business Council for Sustainable Development
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a CEO-led, global association of some 200 companies dealing exclusively with business and sustainable development. Recognizing that climate change presents both risks and opportunities for global business, the objectives of the WBCSD Energy & Climate Focus Area are two-fold: Policy and Implementation.
The Council provides a platform for companies to explore sustainable development, share knowledge, experiences and best practices, and to advocate business positions on these issues in a variety of forums, working with governments, non-governmental and intergovernmental organizations.
The WBCSD works with its members to develop and communicate business' views and potential solutions to the international energy and climate challenge.
The Council's objectives are to:
- Be a leading business advocate on sustainable development;
- Participate in policy development to create the right framework conditions for business to make an effective contribution to sustainable human progress;
- Develop and promote the business case for sustainable development;
- Demonstrate the business contribution to sustainable development solutions and share leading edge practices among members;
- Contribute to a sustainable future for developing nations and nations in transition.
4, chemin de Conches
Tel: +41 (22) 839 3100
Fax: +41 (22) 839 3131
North America Office
1744 R Street NW
Washington, DC 20009
Tel: +1 (202) 420-7745
Fax: +1 (202) 265-1662