Climate change support for the local and regional level in the Baltic Sea Region
The BalticClimate Toolkit provides local and regional level policy makers, spatial planners, and the business community with climate mitigation and adaptation support. Development and increased competitiveness of municipalities, regions and companies are the main objectives.
Adaptation to Climate Change through Spatial Planning: Basic Concepts, Strategies, Tools - KLIMAPAKT
Implementing Agency and Partnering Organizations:Postdam Institute for Climate Impact Research, Leibniz Gemeinschaft, Academy for Spatial Research and Planning, Leibniz Institute of Ecological and Regional Development
The KLIMAPAKT project explores strategies and options of spatial planning to enhance climate change adaptation. Researchers from different disciplines, e.g. climate impact research, risk and vulnerability research or spatial planning science are cooperating in KLIMAPAKT in order to improve the knowledge base for spatial planning and climate change adaptation. In this regard also adaptation is linked to mitigation and vice versa.
- Demonstration of climate change impacts for urban and rural areas
- Indicator-based vulnerability analysis for different types of land use and different regions
- Analysis of options in spatial planning to promote adaptation to climate change
- Design of strategies for a climate change adapted spatial development
- Advancement of tools for spatial and environmental development
Project Status:Completed (2008-2010)